First things first: I am not a doctor, and what follows here is not medical advice. The Peak 465™ has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure, treat or prevent any disease or condition. If you think you have an infection of any kind, please see your doctor immediatily.
That being said, the light from our line that I recommend for staph & MRSA infections is the Peak 465™. Here’s why I recommend it, and how to use it.
Clinically Proven Wavelengths
First of all, this light puts out pure, intense blue light therapy at a peak wavelength of 465 nm. That means it contains plenty of 470 nm, one of the wavelengths already proven to be effective against both strains of MRSA bacteria. If you haven’t read the research yet and you’d like to, you can find it here.
Safe for All Ages
Next, the Peak 465™ contains zero UV, which makes it safe for extended use, even on very old or very young skin.
Wide Treatment Area Saves You Valuable Time
The Peak 465™ creates a generous, 12″ diameter treatment area. That means you can treat a fairly large area of the skin at once, saving you time. This image shows treatment of the face, but it should give you an idea of the size of the treatment area.
It’s Very Versatile and Easy to Use
Right out of the box you can use this light three different ways: hand held, table top, or clamp on.
In this image you can see the coverage and intensity of the light. Here the clamp lamp is just sitting on the table, and this is fine for facial treatments, if that is where the infection happens to be.
In case the infection is on your back, scalp, or some other hard to reach area, the light can also be clamped on to just about anything for hands-free use.
The clamp can be easily removed, leaving just the light for hand-held treatments. The 10 minute treatment time doesn’t always lend itself to hand-held treatments, but sometimes that’s your best option. For example, if you’re trying to treat a squirming child, or were bringing the light in to a hospital or nursing home to treat a loved one, hand-held is often the most convenient way to do it.
How to Use the Peak 465™
Here’s an example of how Sarah uses her light to treat her husband who has a MRSA infection on his calf.
- She washes her hands.
- She cleans the area about to be treated with a non-medicated cleanser.
- She disinfects the light with an alcohol wipe.
- She positions the light 6-12 inches away from the skin.
- She shines the light on the area for 10 minutes per major angle. Since her husbands infection wraps around his calf, she treats it for 10 minutes on the side, and another 5 minutes on the back.
- She disinfects the light, and washes her hands again.
- She does this once daily until the infection is gone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if the infection is in my sinuses?
2. What kind of MRSA infections does this work on?
3. What if the infection is in my blood?
4. What if the infection is in my eye?
5. How long till I see results?
5. What if it doesn't work?
How Can I Improve This Information?