It robs you of your spirit, then leaves your soul for dead.
It takes away your life, but doesn’t have the common decency to kill you.
It just leaves you there dying – in a pain that no one else can see or remotely understand.
Can you relate?
Are you watching someone you love suffer like this?
For you I am putting together a day long, face to face workshop.
For many, the keys to overcoming depression are natural, simple, reasonable, and inexpensive, if not free. All you need is the knowledge of them, and a clear plan of action.
This workshop will teach you what these keys are, the science behind why they work, and how to use them to start helping yourself or someone you love that same day.
Information will be presented as it relates to men, women, children and teenagers. Each speaker will allow time to answer your questions.
What You Will Learn:
Presented by Juel Reid, Psychotherapist & Owner of New Directions Psychotherapy & Counseling Center
- What depression is, it’s causes & types, including postpartum depression, major and clinical depression
- Signs & symptoms of depression specific to men, women, teens & children
- A depression test will be given and scored
- How to help someone you love who is suffering with depression
- How to help yourself when dealing with a depressed loved one
Overcoming Depression with Therapy
- When to seek professional help
- About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for depression
- How to choose a therapist
- How to get the most out of therapy
Overcoming Depression with Nutrition
Presented by Dr. Jonathan Goodman, ND
- Inflammation and depression
- Omega 3 and depression
- How to eat for mental & emotional wellbeing
- How to choose Omega supplements
- How to choose probiotic supplements
- How to test for nutritional deficiencies
Overcoming Depression with Light
Presented by Louanna Wilson, Owner of Light Therapy Options
- The science of light
- Your body clock (circadian rhythm)
- Research supporting light therapy for depression including full spectrum light therapy, bright light therapy and blue light therapy
- Depression and sleep
- How to sleep better and wake up easier
- The link between vitamin D and depression
- UVB light for Vitamin D production
- How to get adequate vitamin D
Overcoming Depression with Exercise
Presented by Ellie Cyr, LPN, Personal Trainer, Level-1 CrossFit Coach
- Exercise and the brain
- Exercise and depression
- What kind and how much exercise you need?
- How to get started
- How to stick to it
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
Anyone currently disabled or debilitated by depression.
There is new science. New research. New hope.
Anyone still functioning while depressed.
You can become yourself again.
Anyone taking anti-depressant medication.
You don’t have a life sentence.
Anyone considering anti-depressant medication.
Discover latest research supporting other options.
Anyone who loves someone dealing with depression.
Find the power to help them.
Every parent of any child still living at home.
Let’s stop this in it’s tracks and prevent it if we can.